Great news for first home owners looking to purchase at Harriott – on 23rd April, the State Government announced the $20,000 First Home Owner Grant for buying or building a new home in regional Victoria has been extended to the middle of 2021.
Can I get the First Home Owners Grant to buy land in Armstrong Creek?
Armstrong Creek qualifies as a regional area, so that means new homes purchased at Harriott before June 2021 for applicable first home buyers could be eligible for the $20,000 grant.
How do I know if I qualify?
There are some criteria you need to meet to qualify for the grant. We’ve created a simple checklist, for the comprehensive list and criteria visit here.
- One applicant is an Australian Citizen or Australian resident
- Buying or building a home with the build contract signed after 1 July 2000 (This means current purchasers’ at Harriott could also be eligible)
- Build a home with total contract value under $750,000
- Live in your home for 12 continuous months after it’s ready
- Lodge the application within 12 months of completion
The announced extension gives you until the middle of 2021 to secure and finalise your build contract.
What homes at Harriott Armstrong Creek are included?
Harriott has a wide range of new house and land packages under $750,000, so you have a great range of choices that will qualify for this grant – see what’s available
I still have questions, where do I go?
You can talk to Joyce, our Estate Manager, about how you could secure your first home at Harriott. Book an appointment with her here.
For more information on the First Home Owners Grant, visit: https://www.sro.vic.gov.au/fhogapply
Jinding Developments does not guarantee the accuracy of the information in this article and advise all purchasers to always conduct their own due diligence when purchasing property.